Top 8 Reasons Why You Should Outsource DevOps
What is DevOps?
We often hear the word “DevOps” but what does it mean?
DevOps is the word used to describe one of the most popular sets of practices for the collaboration between development and IT operations in the technical world. This practice aims to improve the system development life cycle and deliver a better quality service in a faster time.
How DevOps works?
DevOps involves operations staff making use of many techniques traditionally utilized by developers for their systems work. A CICD pipeline describes the steps required to connect the spaces between development and operation activities to deliver a new software version. This includes source control, testing, and creating an Agile development process with teams enforcing automation in the building, testing, and deployment of applications.
It is Agile methodology that has influenced DevOps practice. It has taken the principle of combining service delivery and system interaction and extended the limits beyond the code to cover the whole service.
Why go for DevOps?
DevOps is essential for a company wishing to improve its software’s performance, speed, and capability by overcoming obstacles and building shared ownership between stakeholders.
DevOps is considered to be one of the most challenging fields of today.
DevOps involves learning the tools to bring it together, but it also requires familiarity with the whole DevOps philosophy, including the principles and processes.
Learning the tools involves becoming accomplished with a large set of processes and principles. It is certainly possible to learn some of the DevOps tools but much more challenging to implement in real life. This is because DevOps involves a cultural change to an IT organization and utilizing skilled DevOps engineers.
A sucessful DevOps Engineer!
There is often a conflict between the way software is deployed against the way it should be deployed. This creates a wall of confusion that affects stakeholders including the customer and the organization.
A successful DevOps engineer will constantly be upskilling themselves to keep ahead of changes to bring about new ideas and encourage versatility. It is more than having good technical knowledge as it involves being constantly adaptable and embracing change.
Why Does It Make Sense to Outsource DevOps Work?
Unless you already have an in-house DevOps team, your organization will benefit hugely from an outsourcing approach. If cloud software construction is not already a significant part of your core business model, you will be unlikely to attract a good DevOps engineer to work in-house.
The top 8 reasons why you should outsource DevOps
- 1. A specialized DevOps engineering consultancy can reduce your AWS and Azure costs and provide services that can help your company to practice DevOps. These tools automate tasks, help teams manage complex environments, and assist engineers to utilize the high velocity enabled by DevOps.
- 2. A specialist agency can provide Google Cloud Platform (GCP) developers who can build, test and deploy apps at a faster speed.
- 3. A specialized DevOps engineering agency has the best talent ready to provide their services and using their services means that you will have access to a much wider set of skills. It is much easier and cheaper than attempting to build your own comparable team.
- 4. It will be way more cost-effective to utilize the services of a DevOps Agency where you have access to a whole team of skilled engineers rather than attempting to employ a single engineer who is unlikely to have the equivalent skillset.
- 5. The DevOps engineers in a specialized consultancy work together as a team, sharing their expertise and constantly upskilling through peer learning. This means that the individual engineers will have a superior and deeper understanding that they can apply to your company.
- 6. Using an agency gives you the flexibility to find an engineer who will work well with your company and fit your culture. It is far easier to try out different engineers from a consultancy than go through the time and costs of repeated unsuccessful recruitment processes.
- 7. A specialized engineer consultancy can save you money and time in research and development as DevOps engineers will have learned from other clients through experimentation and can bring that up-to-date knowledge to your system to speed up deployment.
- 8. Outsourcing your DevOps requirements ensures that you can concentrate on other business and operational priorities while allowing experts to take control of utilizing Agile and DevOps to optimize your software delivery and quality.